Today, here in this post we will discuss some common Netgear Genie Extender Login FAQs with the solutions. So read the post carefully in order to get answers of all your extender related questions.
How to remotely access Netgear Extender using the Netgear Desktop Genie?
Using the Netgear Desktop genie you can easily access your Netgear Wifi Extender remotely and also configure its setting. To perform this task, you just need to follow some simple steps given below:
- Firstly, install Netgear Desktop Genie app on your desktop.
- Run the Netgear Genie app on your system as an administrator.
- Click on the extender setting and then select remote access for login.
- Open Netgear extender login in genie account on your desktop.
- Try to run the Netgear desktop genie app.
- Click on the Netgear setting and access Netgear genie login and setup using remote genie account.
- Provide the login credentials.
- Once you have successfully logged in an icon will appear on the top right corner of your Netgear Genie window.
- Now, you can easily manage of edit your Netgear extender wireless setting, guest access, parental controls, reboot and many more features of Netgear genie app.
- Make changes as per your needs and after making the changes click on logout button to exit the remote access.
Netgear Genie wifi Status Not enabled on desktop. Why?
If you are getting wifi connections status not enabled message in your computer screen, then the reason might be that the genie app has found that a wired connection is being used by the desktop to access the Netgear Genie app.
Netgear genie wifi connection status depends on how your desktop or laptop is connected to the extender. If you access the extender using a wireless devices, it will automatically update its status to “enabled”.
Why updating the Genie HD app for iOS failed?
Because, Netgear no longer assist the genie HD app. The Netgear genie mobile app is now only available for iPad big screen size. So, it is advisable to delete the previous Genie HD app and download the latest version of the Netgear Genie app from the apple app store.
Why The ReadyShare button is not displaying in the Netgear Genie app?
The ReadyShare button will not display if your devices is not connected locally to your Netgear wifi range extender. To use this feature, you need to connect your device locally to your wifi extender.